The BVRMC Sleep Studies Unit, equipped with a new Sensormedics Somnosoft Sleep System, is located on the second floor of the hospital. Rooms have been nicely decorated to add a touch of home, also offering private bathrooms with showers.
The Sleep Studies Unit Currently Performs:
- Split Nights – Poly/CPAP Titration
- CPAP Titration
- BIPAP Titration for Complicated Sleep Apnea
- EEG – Electroencephalogram
- Polysomnographs during the day – for shift worker
- MSLT Testing for Narcolepsy
All the staff are either registered in Polysomnography or are Respiratory Therapists.
Dr. Jim Meyer, Pulmonologist and board certified in Sleep Disorders, serves as the Medical Director.
For more information, please contact the Sleep Disorder Unit at 712.213.8650.