PHASE I – Inpatient Rehabilitation
This part of the program begins upon admission to the hospital and includes patient and family education along with progressive physical activity for the patient. A team of specialized staff members provide education and counseling in such areas as:
- Heart Facts
- Coronary Risk Factors
- Stress Management
- Leisure Activities
PHASE II – Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Individual who has had a heart attack, heart surgery, or heart procedure recently or has angina.
- Physician approved and ordered.
- Personal exercise program.
- Continuous EKG monitoring.
- Treadmill, leg bike, arm bike, Nu Step and arm ergometer.
- Sessions held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Cardiac Nurses present throughout session.
- 4-12 week program – based upon physical condition and personal goals.
- Includes warm-ups, exercise and cool downs.
- Physical Therapist, Dietician, Pharmacist, Occupational Therapy consultant also available.
- Individual review of heart disease and risk factors.
- Positive lifestyle goals established.
- Routine monitoring of goals.
Cardiac Rehab is billed to Medicare and private insurance.
PHASE III – or – Cardiac Fitness
For patients who have completed Phase II or for anyone with coronary artery disease risk factors.
- Personal exercise prescription.
- Warm-ups: bending/stretching
- Workout: walk, bike
- Cool Downs: stretching
- Group Support
- Physician’s referral
- Interview with nurse
Information provided on individual basis as needed.
- $5.00 per visit
- Billed monthly
- Not covered by Medicare or private insurance.