Colonoscopy: When should you get screened?
- Are experiencing symptoms.
- Have a personal or family history of colorectal cancer or polyps.
- Are 45 years old.
- Are African American over 40.
- Have a genetic link to colorectal cancer such as Lynch Syndrome, FAP etc.
- Have ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease or Crohn’s disease.
60% of colon cancer deaths could be avoided if everyone aged 45 and older were screened regularly.
Contact Buena Vista General Surgery at 712.213.4750.
Jason Dierking, MD, FACS and John Armstrong, MD