Buena Vista Regional Medical Center has been named as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics by the Women’s Choice Award® for the sixth consecutive year. According to the Women’s Choice Award®, BVRMC First Embrace Obstetrics is in the top 14% of America’s 4,728 U.S. hospitals offering obstetrics.
"At BVRMC, we stand out because we don't see our patients as just numbers," shares Jeanette Todd, BVRMC First Embrace Obstetrics Director. "We treat everyone like a friend, neighbor or family member. This means providing compassionate and personalized care to each patient, every time."
The methodology for the Best Hospitals for Obstetrics is unique in that it combines national accreditations, Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey results and hospital outcome scores with primary research about women’s health care preferences. It is the only award recognizing excellence in obstetric services based on robust criteria that consider patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
The America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics considers the following specific criteria (all are not required):
- The percentage of patients reporting through the HCAHPS survey that they would definitely recommend the hospital.
- Patient safety ranking based on 13 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ measures of infection and complication rates.
- Low rates of early elective deliveries (between 0-1%).
- Baby-Friendly USA designation, a World Health Organization (WHO)/United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) initiative to support best practices for breast feeding education and counseling.
- Level III and Level IV neonatal intensive care (NICU) designations to provide comprehensive care for the most complex and critically ill newborns.
“Everyone was exceptional about their care and communicated with me and my husband,” says one BVRMC patient. “BVRMC has very kind and compassionate staff and doctors. I wouldn't choose any other hospital for my care.”
“Having a baby is one of the most precious times in a woman’s life,” said Delia Passi founder and CEO of the Women’s Choice Award. “New moms have many choices to make when it comes to having their baby, and choosing where to deliver the baby is right up there with choosing the best doctor. We’ve made it easy for her to identify the best hospitals that are proven to deliver an outstanding experience.”
BVRMC is one of 682 award recipients representing the hospitals that have met the highest standards for obstetrics across the U.S.
"Our OB team is not just skilled in health care; they are also kind and understanding, always ready to support each family during their birthing journey," stated Michele Kelly, BVRMC Chief Clinical Officer. "This award showcases our continuous dedication to top-notch health care and personalized attention for every patient and family. I am incredibly proud of the outstanding care our team delivers to families every day."