Buena Vista Regional Medical Center has been named as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics by the Women’s Choice Award® for the fifth consecutive year. According to the Women’s Choice Award®, BVRMC First Embrace Obstetrics is in the top 10% of America’s 4,729 U.S. hospitals offering obstetrics.
“What really sets BVRMC apart is that our patients are not just a number,” says Jeanette Todd, BVRMC First Embrace Obstetrics Director. “We treat every patient as if they are our friend, neighbor or family member. Because of that, we deliver compassionate, individualized, evidenced-based care to every patient, every time.”
The methodology for the Best Hospitals for Obstetrics combines national accreditations, Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey results and hospital outcome scores with primary research about women’s health care preferences. It is the only award recognizing excellence in obstetric services based on robust criteria that consider patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
The America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics gives consideration to the following specific criteria (all are not required):
- The percentage of patients reporting through the HCAHPS survey that they would definitely recommend the hospital.
- Patient safety ranking based on 12 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ measures of infection and complication rates.
- Low rates of early elective deliveries (between 0-1%).
- Baby-Friendly USA designation, a World Health Organization (WHO)/United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) initiative to support best practices for breast feeding education and counseling.
- Level III and Level IV neonatal intensive care designations to provide comprehensive care for the most complex and critically ill newborns.
“Having a baby is one of the most precious times in a woman’s life,” said Delia Passi founder and CEO of the Women’s Choice Award. “New moms have many choices to make when it comes to having their baby and choosing where to deliver the baby is right up there with choosing the best doctor. We’ve made it easy for her to identify the best hospitals that are proven to deliver an outstanding experience.”
BVRMC is one of 494 award recipients representing the hospitals that have met the highest standards for obstetrics across the U.S.
“Our OB providers and staff are not only clinical experts; they are also compassionate and sensitive to meeting the needs of each family throughout their birthing journey,” said BVRMC Chief Clinical Officer Michele Kelly. “This award demonstrates our ongoing commitment to clinical excellence and care individualized to each patient/family experience. I could not be more proud of the excellent care and service provided to our delivering families every day.”