Testimonials from Patient’s Family:
All of them seemed great in Hope Harbor. It is a terrific place. The nurse just “loved” my mom so much. It was what she needed and made me feel she was in good hands.
When mom was admitted, you took the time to document how to put her neck brace on correctly with notes and photos. It was important to us that you cared enough to get it correct!
Hope Harbor History/Statistics
- Service since June 2002
- Operate independently
- 10 Bed unit
- Average length of stay is 7-10 days
- Geriatric patients exclusively, 62 & older
- 24-Hour Admissions/Intake services
- Comprehensive medical & psychiatric evaluations
- Individual & group therapy daily
- Pastoral counseling
- Community resource linkage
- Serial testing for cognition, anxiety & depression
- Neuropsychological testing if needed
- Occupational, physical & speech therapy
- WOC (Wound, Ostomy, and Continence) Nursing
- Safe environment
- locked unit
- Whirlpool tub baths or showers
- Self selection of menu items for meals
- Individualized care plans
- Multi-disciplinary team
- encouragement of family/facility involvement
- Patient/family education
We Are Prepared To Help Those Individuals Who Are Dealing With One Or More Of The Following:
- Depression or Anxiety
- Marked mood changes
- Excessive feelings of anger or aggression
- Sudden onset of forgetfulness &/or an inability to care for oneself
- Seeing or hearing things that others do not see or hear
- Issues related to changing health status, life roles & illness, disability, or concerns about personal safety
- The patient themselves
- Primary care provider
- Nursing care facilities
- A loved one
- Anyone concerned for the patients well being
- Court committal if necessary
Hope Harbor Visiting Hours:
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
All visitors are to use the BVRMC ER Entrance.
Our goal is to enhance self-esteem and dignity, identify and emphasize abilities rather than disabilities and promote optimal independence.
Consistent with our holistic treatment philosophy, we focus on healing the mind, body and spirit.
For More Information, or to schedule a confidential, free screening; please call 712.213.8656.