Your Comprehensive Birthing Center
BVRMC’s First Embrace Obstetrics is honored to be a birthing center involved in approximately 380 births per year. Each baby delivery is special and unique. Our staff will prepare you for labor and delivery, as well as what happens when baby comes home.
Call us at 712.213.8662 to set up a tour and learn more about pediatric services and your birth center team at First Embrace Obstetrics.
Visit our Web Nursery.
Staff was very kind, compassionate and attentive to me, my husband and newborn.
The nursing staff was amazing! Made us feel so comfortable during our first childbirth experience.
What You Can Expect From First Embrace Obstetrics.
- Providing a continuum of care by specially trained nurses through pregnancy, labor and delivery, and follow-up after discharge from the birthing center.
- 3 Certified RNs on staff to provide care 24/7
- IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- Several Staff are:
- CLC (Certified Lactation Counselors)
- EFM (External Fetal Monitoring)
- Inpatient OB Nursing
- Spanish interpreters are available to assist with patient communication
- All staff is NRP Certified (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- All staff is STABLE Certified (Sugar & Safe Care, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Lab Work, Emotional Support)
Supporting you during your pregnancy and after baby delivery
- Prenatal interview, tour of Obstetrics unit at BVRMC
- Skin to Skin Delivery Options
- Individual prenatal education and support
- Certified Staff-
- Lactation Consultant
- Lactation Counselor
- Breastfeeding Educator
- Childbirth Educator
- Classes – Sign up for Classes Online
- Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Sibling Class
- Follow-up phone calls after delivery
- Breastfeeding support
- Breast pump rental station
- Support in loss of pregnancy/stillbirth
- “Watch Me Grow” – Well-baby Clinic Day (temporarily located at St. Mark Lutheran Church)
- Family Support Services
- State-of-the-art hearing screen equipment. First in the area to offer a comprehensive hearing machine.
- BVRMC provides Congenital Heart Screening
- Period of Purple Crying® Advice on how to handle your baby crying the first few months of life.
- Car Seat Information.