Offered twice for your convenience.
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort
1520 Lakeshore Drive, Storm Lake
Target Audience: Nurses, Nursing Home Staff, at home Caregivers and anyone affected by dementia.
BVRMC and The Ed & Gail Toomer Family
RSVP by July 20, 2018 to 712.213.8683
Purpose: This program will provide you with a wide variety of perspectives on dementia and increase knowledge to appropriately care for patients with dementia. It will help you develop skills and services that meet the needs of patients and all those affected by the disease.
1. Describe multiple strategies that can be used to improve interactions and outcomes between the person living with dementia and those around them.
2. Compare normal aging changes and changes that happen with dementia related to behaviors, language skills, memory and learning, thinking and reasoning, motor skills, and sensory processing.
3. Recognize effective versus typical caregiver responses to typical behaviors.
4. Explain how to communicate with someone who has dementia.
5. Describe how life long personality traits/preferences affect behavior and needs as the disease progresses
Cost: FREE to BVRMC employees, $10 for non-BVRMC employees. Includes refreshments and nursing credit.
Credit: 3.0 Nursing Contact Hours awarded by IBON Provider #344- BVRMC
You must attend the entire session to receive credit.