BVRMC is collecting handmade masks. We ask that you follow the pattern and instructions below when making masks.
For questions, please contact Mary Drey, Volunteer Coordinator at 712.213.8619.Get the Instructions
March 24, 2020: BVMRC Pharmacy is now going to curbside pick-up, mail and delivery. If you are picking up a prescription, please use curbside pick-up from your vehicle. Call 712.213.8065 and we will meet you at your car.
Dr. John Pymm Interview with Storm Lake Radio on Coronavirus- Spanish
Dr. Garrett Feddersen, Medical Director of Emergency Services Interview with Storm Lake Radio on Coronavirus
By taking precautions, the following BVRMC related events have been cancelled or postponed. Thank you for helping us keep our patients and community as healthy as possible!
- Young at Heart (April 2)
- Watch Me Grow (April 6)
- Auxiliary Masquerade Jewelry Sale (April 7)
- Dementia Care with Teepa Snow (April 9)
- Auxiliary Luncheon (April 17)
- LifeSaver Dinner (April 22)
- 3rd Grade Tours (April)
Buena Vista Regional Medical Center has placed immediate restrictions on visitations for the health and safety of everyone due to the severity of flu and concerns of the 2019 novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Upon entering the facility, people will need to answer screening questions regarding travel and current health.
- There will be a limit of one visitor per patient at any given time.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed, unless special arrangements have been made with BVRMC staff, such as hospice patients.
- No visitors allowed in the Hope Harbor unit.
The above rules also apply to anyone accompanying someone on an outpatient appointment such as oncology, rehab, diagnostic imaging, or surgery.
Buena Vista Regional Medical Center is working to prepare for any coronavirus (COVID-19) patients that may present themselves to the hospital.
- Emergency Room Entrance has an outdoor screening station that will screen any patient prior to entering the building.
Groups are also asked to not come to the Bistro for social gatherings, unless here for a hospital appointment.
- Fitness & Health Center will be closed until further notice.
- The Café/Latte and Auxiliary Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
People wanting to pay bills are asked to use the mail, online payment, or the payment drop box in the ER parking lot.
The most important thing for the community to do is stay away from the hospital if you do not need to be here.
Departments that schedule patients for non-emergency appointments will continue to see patients at this time, but may be limiting appointments as needed. Please call ahead if you have any concerns regarding your non-emergency appointments to 712.732.4030.
People can also dial 211 from their phone for additional information on COVID-19. 211 provides callers with information about and referrals to social services for every day needs and in times of crisis.
Call ahead of any hospital appointment if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, nausea or diarrhea.
These restrictions will be in place until further notice.
Everyone at BVRMC appreciates your understanding and cooperation.