Buena Vista Regional Medical Center Receives the 2022 Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics Four Years in a Row
Buena Vista Regional Medical Center has been named one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics for a fourth consecutive year. According to the Women’s Choice Award®, BVRMC First Embrace Obstetrics is in the top 7% of 4,728 U.S. hospitals offering obstetrics.
“Our six delivering providers do a fantastic job collaborating with their patients for the best possible birth experience. Many of our nurses pursue advanced certifications which prove their dedication to the best patient experience. We have over 230 years of combined nursing experience.” states Emily Bodholdt, Director of First Embrace Obstetrics.
The methodology for America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics is unique in that it combines national accreditations, Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey results along with hospital outcome scores with primary research about women’s health care preferences. It is the only award recognizing excellence in obstetric services based on robust criteria that consider patient satisfaction and clinical excellence.
The America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics gives consideration to the following specific criteria (all are not required):
- The percentage of patients reporting through the HCAHPS survey that they would definitely recommend the hospital
- Patient safety ranking based on 11 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ measures of infection and complication rates
- Low rates of early elective deliveries (between 0-1%)
- Baby-Friendly USA designation, a World Health Organization (WHO)/United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) initiative to support best practices for breast feeding education and counseling
- Level III and Level IV neonatal intensive care designations to provide comprehensive care for the most complex and critically ill newborns.
“Pregnancy is one of the most special times in a woman’s life,” said Delia Passi founder and CEO of the Women’s Choice Award. “New moms have many choices when it comes to having their baby, so choosing where to deliver the baby is right up there with choosing the best doctor. We’ve made it easy for moms to identify the hospitals that are proven to deliver an outstanding experience.”
BVRMC is one of 426 award recipients representing the hospitals that have met the highest standards for obstetrics across the U.S.