Twelve recipients were selected to receive nursing scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year.
One-hundred-sixty four scholarships have been awarded since the program began in 2003. Each scholarship is $1,000.00 and funded entirely from donations, that value education and helping the next generation of health care providers.
Awards this year went to:
- BVRMC Nursing Scholarship-Cassandra Allen, Galva; Kimberly Steffen, Alta; and Nicole McLaughlin, Cherokee.
- Jack and Jane Spooner Nursing Scholarship – Nancy Rodriguez, Storm Lake
- Phillip and Iris Halverson Nursing Scholarship – Kalab Kibret, Sioux Rapids
- Jenny Perry Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Amanda Bruscher, Cherokee
- William and Evelyn Meyer Nursing Scholarship – Jessica Flaherty, Alta
- Jim and Barb Jorgensen Nursing Scholarship – Diane Dick, Schaller
- Marilyn Bryant Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Stephanie Trocio, Storm Lake
- Velma Boston Memorial Nursing Scholarship – Ashley Kestel, Schaller
- The Physicians of Storm Lake UnityPoint Clinics – Amber Shupe, Meriden
- BVRMC Shared Governance Council Nursing Scholarship – Sandy Sanabia-Manriquez, Storm Lake